Web & Media Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for a Web & Media Specialist in Denver, CO.
Assists in the communication and evangelization efforts of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Denver through developing, maintaining, and utilizing appealing, engaging, and cutting-edge electronic, visual art, social media components, and other interactive media platforms into one solid message. Supports the Director/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management consistent with our mission and Catholic teachings
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Creates and maintains engaging and visually appealing quality web components and content that support the mission of the Catholic Church, specifically the Archdiocese of Denver, including video, photographic, and social media content highlighting the work of Catholic Charities
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Communications and Marketing team to further multimedia communication efforts in support of the Catholic Charities Marketing Plan
- Implements search engine optimization (SEO) on all Catholic Charities websites and social media outlets
- Maintains an appealing and cutting-edge appearance of all electronic points of contact between Catholic Charities and end user
- In collaboration with Volunteer and Parish Services Coordinator, develops and maintains a volunteer blog, helps parishes develop their GetConnected pages and assists with other special projects including developing a young Catholic professionals group
- Develops metrics to measure digital media reach and engagement, as well as implement improvement strategies to include use of Google Analytics, Ad Words and CRO.
- Collaborates with email newsletter generation, targeting and evaluation.
- Monitors internet trends and e-marketing best practices and implements changes as appropriate
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media outlets/tools and best practices, and the expertise to creatively and successfully implement and utilize.
- Experience with graphic design and proficiency with Adobe suite in Adobe Suite design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of layout, graphic design and effective marketing techniques for a variety of media and communication platforms
- Understanding of content management systems required, including WordPress or similar systems
- Knowledge of video shooting and editing of web-ready videos
- Top-notch design, visual art and writing/editing skills that can effectively convey relevant message to targeted audiences
- Ability to integrate Catholic symbols, terminology and teachings into designs to convey appropriate message
- Ability to plan schedules, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in web development, graphic arts, journalism, or related field; and 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Content management systems experience required, including WordPress
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
Job Status: Full Time