Volunteer Coordinator (Greeley, CO)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to work within the Guadalupe Community Center & Shelter in Greeley, CO.
Recruits and places volunteers in positions that support the delivery of services in the Weld County office. Provides information, support, and guidance to both episodic and ongoing volunteers. Oversight of the agencies non-monetary donations and Distribution Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, interviews, screens, and places volunteers. Determines appropriate assignments for volunteers based on interests, skill set and departmental needs.
- Promotes volunteerism through presentations, talks, tours and relationship building with churches, businesses and academic institutions.
- Develops and implements a formal volunteer recruitment and training programs.
- Assists staff working with volunteers and community service workers.
- Develops and conducts workshops for volunteers.
- Works with staff toward evaluation of volunteers and updating volunteer job descriptions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with other volunteer programs in the community and with faith-based groups.
- Maintains appropriate level of contact with volunteers to support them in their efforts.
- Oversight of the agencies non-monetary donation system and process
- Management of the agency’s donation distribution center
- Manages the online volunteer database by continually providing updated volunteer information, posting new opportunities, and tracking volunteer hours.
- In conjunction with appropriate internal personnel, develops and implements volunteer recognition and retention events and activities.
- Submits monthly department reports showing the number of new volunteer and service hours provided.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates annual volunteer performance evaluation.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Volunteers, interns and community service workers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in computer database/electronic record keeping systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of community resources awareness.
- Professional and effective conflict-resolution skills.
- Organized, detailed and thorough in record-keeping and documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in a related field; and one to two years related Human Services/Marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, please note the hours:
40 hours (October 15th – April 15th)
30 hours (April 15th – October 15th)
Experience supervising volunteers is a plus.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time