Veterans Program Coordinator - Referral and Signing Bonus!
Catholic Charities is looking for a Veterans Program Coordinator for our Veteran's Program at the Samaritan House in Denver, CO.
Referral Bonus: $250.00 and Sign-on Bonus: $250.00. Both bonuses will be paid out to the employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Coordinates the general daily operations of the program to achieve program goals and provides direct client service. Supports the Director/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management.
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Works with the local system of care toward the design, implementation and evaluation of a model of care that is collaborative and strengths-based.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Writes program reports and case statements upon request.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May serve as project or team leader
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail and database experience), basic accounting knowledge (budget tracking)
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires valid driver’s license, clear driving record and proof of insurance.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Experience with mental health & substance abuse issues
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time