Teacher, Head Start **Signing Bonus**
Catholic Charities is looking for Head Start Teachers for our child care centers in Denver, CO.
Plans, organizes, implements, and delivers a program based on the Head Start Performance Standards, Licensing, and Developmentally Appropriate Practice, as appropriate. Manages the classroom environment. Interacts with parents directly. Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and maintains a physical and programmatic environment that appropriately supports and nurtures the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children in an inclusive classroom.
- Establishes educational and social goals based on the composition of the children enrolled and the community setting in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards,Colorado State Licensing and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP), as appropriate
- Develops and implements written plans for the daily activities that stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive) for a group of children which may involve some children identified with disabilities.
- Complies with Colorado State Licensing requirements.
- Assists Center Supervisor in day-to-day supervision of staff in own classroom through delegating, training and providing insight and guidance.
- Organizes classroom materials and equipment, conducts ongoing physical inventory, and replenishes to ensure adequately stocked.
- Develops positive relationships with parents and families of each child
- Coordinates and informs parents of scheduled field trips, extra curricular activities, and other scheduled activities
- Conducts family conferences and home visits with each child’s family to advise of child’s progress and to develop rapport with families. Family and teaching staff will collaborate to identify child’s areas of need and develop ideas for activities that will improve those areas.
- Provides guidance and training, through classroom experience and resource materials, for other staff and volunteer personnel assigned to the classroom. Supervises and evaluates performance of this group.
- Plans and participates in the preparation, setup and serving of meals and snacks.
- Plans and arranges field trips, and supervises children in attendance.
- Collects information and prepares accurate and timely observation and progress reports for each child in order to plan appropriately for individual children’s needs. Monitors and tracks childrens progress by means including but not limited to anecdoctal notes, portfolio assessments and developmental checklists.
- Prepares and submits program statistics, internal and external reports and documents in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, guidelines and operating standards.
- Maintains daily attendance records in SERVUE
- Provides crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse reporting.
- Administers first aid and/or medication (with appropriate training) and/or attends to medical devices as needed.
- Ensures that classroom is safe, clean and orderly.
- Ensures safe environment by following safety rules.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes, includes, and supports volunteers.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must comply with all Colorado State Licensing requirements
- Able to effectively manage a classroom of children
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with children, parents and co-workers
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies, and other details.
- Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience must reflect the specific age group with which the employee will be working.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm.
**Signing bonus will be paid after satisfactory performance & completion of 90 days of employment **
Experience working with preschoolers preferred.
BA in ECE preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time