Teacher, Early Head Start Infant **Signing Bonus**
Catholic Charities is looking for Early Head Start Infant Teachers for our child care centers in Denver, CO.
Plans, organizes, implements, and delivers a program based on the Early Head Start Performance Standards, Licensing, and Developmentally Appropriate Practice, as appropriate. Manages the classroom environment. Interacts with parents directly. Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and maintains a physical and programmatic environment that appropriately supports and nurtures the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children in an inclusive classroom.
- Establishes educational and social goals based on the composition of the children enrolled and the community setting in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, Colorado State Licensing and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP), as appropriate
- Develops and implements written plans for the daily activities that stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive) for a group of children which may involve some children identified with disabilities.
- Complies with Colorado State Licensing requirements.
- Assists Center Supervisor in day-to-day supervision of staff in own classroom through delegating, training and providing insight and guidance.
- Organizes classroom materials and equipment, conducts ongoing physical inventory, and replenishes to ensure adequately stocked.
- Develops positive relationships with parents and families of each child
- Coordinates and informs parents of scheduled field trips, extra curricular activities, and other scheduled activities
- Conducts family conferences and home visits with each child‚s family to advise of child's progress and to develop rapport with families. Family and teaching staff will collaborate to identify child‚s areas of need and develop ideas for activities that will improve those areas.
- Must comply with all Colorado State Licensing requirements
- Able to effectively manage a classroom of children
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with children, parents and co-workers
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies, and other details.
- Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE- Infant/Toddler CDA or Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience must reflect the specific age group with which the employee will be working. EOE
This is a full-time, fully benefited position at 40 hours per week.
Infant/Toddler CDA or higher level of education preferred.
EQUIT or ECE III preferred
Candidates who have a BA in ECE or higher will receive $16.75/hour.
**Signing bonus will be paid after satisfactory performance & completion of 90 days of employment **
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time