Social Media Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for a Social Media Specialist in Denver, CO.
Develop social media and other content marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop social media strategies and policies that align with overarching marketing plans.
- Develop and manage a social media master calendar, ensuring consistent, timely postings and follow up. Coordinate content and posts with team, gaining necessary approvals.
- Write copy for marketing and social media content, following brand and style guidelines and using multiple formats such as video, eBooks, infographics and more.
- Craft content specific to Social Media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Monitor online conversations, and participate in those conversations to build visibility of our ministries as well as support awareness and engagement around key stewardship principles.
- Stay updated on trending topics, headline news, and Catholic news stories to bridge ministry messaging.
- Analyze and assess the performance of all social media and public relations. initiatives, developing a social media dashboard that can be shared with clients.
- Write short stories, supporting public relations activities and fundraising events.
- Develop branded content using photos and images to engage with followers and to ignite a passion for our ministries.
- Provide social media training to ministry leaders and staff as needed.
- Develop weekly and quarterly reports tracking engagement, reach, demographics and other metrics which will support marketing and communication efforts.
- Prepare and test a digital crisis communications plan to ensure effective response to an event or issue – working collaboratively with our partners.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to showcase successful track record and experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to understand various needs of target audiences and adapt message accordingly.
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools, including, but not limited to HootSuite and TweetDeck.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Marketing, Communications or related field from accredited four-year college or university; 2+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience implementing faith based social media marketing
Non-profit experience is desired
Knowledge of current social media marketing strategies preferred
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
Job Status: Full Time