Social Caseworker I (Ft. Lupton, CO)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Social Caseworker I for our Senior Services program in Ft. Lupton, CO.
Provides professional case management services to program clients to improve client stability, self-sufficiency and personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery of case management services to clients under close supervision.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment of clients within established guidelines through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Recommends the necessary level of intervention by evaluating client data.
- Under guidance, develops and modifies treatment/service plans for individuals, families and ancillary service providers for review. Implements as directed.
- Provides supportive services and basic counseling and crisis intervention to assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance and adherence to standards
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Facilitates support/educational groups for clients, may plan curriculum.
- Authorizes services of the organization based upon assessment of need and availability of resources. Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Plans and provides training for community agencies and groups.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives.
- Provides emergency response coverage for programs with on-call rotations.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the basic theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reports and documents preparation.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) field from an accredited college or university in social work or assigned program specific specialty. At least 6 months additional related experience and/or training preferable.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time