Social Case Worker I - Marisol Homes
Catholic Charities is looking for a Social Case Worker I to join our team at Marisol Homes in Denver, CO.
Provides professional casework services to the voluntary alumni clients to improve client stability, self-sufficiency, community re-integration and personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practices appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery of casework services to clients, which includes but is not limited to developing case plan goals and referring clients to beneficial resources to meet those goals. Develops case plans with alumni clients and coordinates services.
- Reviews and revises case plans with clients on a regular basis and as needed.
- Provide supportive services, basic counseling, and crisis intervention to assist clients in reaching goals.
- Performs home-visits with clients to work on and discuss progress on goals of case plan
- Coordinates community events, groups, or activities for the alumni clients.
- Continuously assesses client progress towards case plan goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with other community- based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Collects data necessary to meet funding requirements and statistical reports
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Upholds Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics
- Committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Participate and attend staff meetings.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the basic theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, as well as, professional reports and documents preparation.
- Knowledge and ability to apply case management that is trauma informed, specifically trauma around abuse and domestic violence.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Show flexibility and adaptability to a fast -paced work environment and crisis situations with clients.
- Basic knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics as well as appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a human services field from an accredited college or university; and at least 6 months related experience and/or training
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are Tuesday-Saturday with two evenings a week.
Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice required.
Valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and proof of insurance required.
Case Management experience is highly preferred.
Experience working with women, children, and families in crisis and/or domestic violence victims is helpful.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time