Site Supervisor - Early Childhood Education
Manages the general operations of Childcare Center to ensure program goals and outcomes are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Ensures that programs and services comply with licensing, accreditation, state and federal standards and other appropriate regulatory or professional requirements and support our mission.
- Prepares and administers area budget within the guidelines established by the Board and Administration
- Compiles accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Monitors performance measurements and recommends program improvements
- Manages financial aspects of center including invoicing and collecting parent fees and billing external payment providers (i.e. CCAP, Colorado Preschool Program and Denver Preschool Program) monthly
- In conjunction with administrative team, facilitates development of program components which address the developmental, cognitive, physical and safety needs of children enrolled in the program.
- Performs outreach, recruitment, and enrollment of eligible children to increase awareness of our programs and to achieve enrollment goals
- Collaborates and cooperates with ECE Administrative Staff to ensure compliance with all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Networks in the community with individuals and community organizations. Establishes and maintains collaborative efforts between Catholic Charities and other organizations as appropriate.
- Fosters family involvement and participates in all parent meetings and special events.
- Assists grant writers and prepares reports for funders as requested. Works with the Resource Development department, Center Supervisor and appropriate others in the formulation of funding requests.
- Manages staff schedules to ensure appropriate staff-to-child ratios, as defined by Head Start Performance Standards, at all times.
- Maintains and updates all required material for files, particularly as specified by state licensing regulations and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Understands and follows all fire regulations and other safety requirements.
- Welcomes, includes, and supports volunteers including the responsibility for volunteer supervision, recognition, and completion of the required performance reviews.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Models Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with respect and dignity.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides back-up to staff in the direct services to clients.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Directly supervises assistant center supervisor, center teachers and assistant teachers
- Current Director Qualified status according to the Colorado Department of Human Services
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, create and generate reports, and create communications.
- Ability to remain calm and to calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited college or university with a major emphasis in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or Early Childhood Special Education including specific course work as outlined in child Care Licensing Regulation and three years related management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Director Qualified Letter from the Colorado Department of Human Services.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time