Site Manager- Affordable Housing- Referral and Signing Bonuses!
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities is looking for a Site Manager for residential properties in Denver, CO.
Referral Bonus: $250 Signing Bonus: $1000.00. Both bonuses are paid to employees after 6 month of employment and if the both employees are still active.
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities, is committed to the national housing goal of providing quality, safe, and affordable housing for all members of our community. Archdiocesan Housing Inc. welcomes applications from all income-qualified persons without regard to religion, race, sex, color, familial status, handicap, or national origin in accordance with the national Fair Housing Act.
The Site Manager is part of the Housing Management Services (HMS) division of Archdiocesan Housing, Inc. The Manager is responsible for coordinating the personnel and property at the Archdiocesan Housing property in accordance with HMS and regulatory standards to provide positive resident relations and a financially sound and viable program.
Depending on specific site(s) managed, this position may be directly responsible for some maintenance and more routine activities that should not occupy more than fifty percent of the incumbent’s time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the turnover of apartments for move-in, move-outs and transfers in order to ensure that apartments are suitable for occupancy and residents are selected according to HUD and HMS criteria.
- Insure resident files submitted to compliance officer for approval, meet HMS, HUD, and CHFA criteria, and contain all required documentation. Provide orientation for new residents by reviewing the lease and community rules, describing services, explaining apartment features and answering resident questions in order to orient the new resident and to inform residents of policies they need to follow to maintain compliance with the lease.
- Address all lease violations and work with staff in referring residents to resources in order to promote high quality of living for our residents.
- Oversee adherence of all residents to the lease by resolving lease violations and referring residents to appropriate resources in order to promote high quality of living for all residents.
- Promote resident involvement and responsibility for the overall operation of the facility, through participation in the Resident Council and interaction with residents and staff to foster a community environment.
- Prepare and maintain a balanced budget for the building with the assistance of the financial department of Housing Management Services by approving purchase orders, invoices and check requests, collecting rent payments and approving employee time sheets and work records in order to provide ongoing financial security for the facility.
- Ensure efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical systems and all aspects of the building and ground’s security and cleanliness by contracting with specialized vendors and contractors, tracking warrantee information and assuring implementation of preventative maintenance programs in order to keep the building and grounds in compliance with fire codes and building codes.
- Responsible for initial certification and recertification of all residents, if required, in accordance with policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Communicate, address and resolve resident and staff issues.
- Communicate and report to supervisor any matters regarding liability and risk management issues at assigned property as well as any suggestions to improve or enhance quality of life issues provided by community to residents.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Hire, coordinate, supervise, discipline and evaluate building staff members in order to protect building interests and dignity of the residents.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of contract personnel to ensure that their activities help to provide a safe living environment for the residents.
- Coordinate Off Hours Housing Assistant schedules to ensure that there twenty four hour coverage for emergencies.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide for education, in-services and staff development and maintain ongoing communication with all staff members.
- Perform marketing and community outreach tasks.
- Monitors waiting lists as needed.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all site personnel to include office, residential and activities support, maintenance personnel, and on call staff.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing requirements.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and communicate effectively orally and in writing with persons of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to use conflict resolution skills both with residents and staff members.
- Good supervisory skills to include one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, explain and follow site budgets, both operating and capital.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and/or two years equivalent experience with HUD and or CHFA, or other affordable housing programs as Property Site Manager, Regional Property Manager, Leasing Agent, Compliance Technician or Assistant Site Manager.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Experience with Section 8 housing is required.
2 or more years experience as a Site Manager is preferred.
Experience with fair housing laws, EIV, & Yardi preferred.
Bilingual preferred. (English/Spanish)
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time