Site Manager (Casper, WY)
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities is looking for a Site Manager for a residential property in Casper, WY.
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities, is committed to the national housing goal of providing quality, safe, and affordable housing for all members of our community.
Coordinates the personnel and property in accordance with Housing Management Services (HMS) and regulatory standards to provide positive resident relations and a financially sound, viable and compliant program.
Depending on specific site(s) managed, this position may be directly responsible for some maintenance and more routine activities that should not occupy more than fifty percent of the incumbent’s time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the turnover of apartments for move-in, move-outs and transfers in order to ensure that apartments are suitable for occupancy and residents are selected according to HUD and HMS criteria.
- Ensure resident files submitted for approval are complete, timely and meet HMS, HUD, CHFA, USDA and HOME criteria, and other applicable requirements.
- Ensures that programs and services comply with licensing, accreditation, state and federal standards and other appropriate regulatory or professional requirements.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Provide orientation for new residents by reviewing the lease and community rules, describing services, explaining apartment features and answering resident questions in order to orient and inform them of policies and procedures they need to follow to maintain compliance with the lease and enhance their living experience.
- Oversee adherence of all residents to the lease, community rules and procedures by resolving lease violations and referring residents to appropriate resources in order to promote high quality of living for all residents.
- Promote resident involvement and responsibility for the overall operation of the facility, through participation in the Resident Council and interaction with residents and staff to foster a community environment.
- Prepares and administers area budget within established guidelines.
- Ensure efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical systems and all aspects of the building and ground’s security and cleanliness by contracting with specialized vendors and contractors, tracking warranty information and assuring implementation of preventative maintenance programs in order to keep the building and grounds in compliance with fire and building codes.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Responsible for accurate initial certification and recertification of all residents, if required, in accordance with policies, procedures, timelines and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate, address and resolve resident issues through follow-up and adherence to Corporate procedures.
- Communicate and report to supervisor any matters regarding liability and risk management issues at assigned property to improve or enhance quality of life issues provided by community to residents.
- Compiles accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Monitors performance measurements and recommends program improvements.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of contract personnel to ensure that their activities help to provide a safe living environment for the residents.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure that there is twenty-four-hour coverage for emergencies.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains the highest confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide for education, in-services and staff development and maintain ongoing communication with all staff members.
- Promotes and markets the services to the community.
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Monitors and maintains accurate applicant waiting lists as needed.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all site personnel including office, residential and activities support, maintenance, housekeeping and on call staff.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing requirements.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively orally and in writing with persons of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Good supervisory skills to include one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, explain and follow site budgets, both operating and capital.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in database required.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and/or two years equivalent experience with HUD and or CHFA, or other affordable housing programs as Property Site Manager, Regional Property Manager, Leasing Agent, Compliance Technician or Assistant Site Manager.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Friday.
2 or more years experience as a Site Manager is preferred.
Great problem solving skills.
Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office and Yardi a plus.
Experience with fair housing laws, Section 8 programs.
Must be comfortable working with diverse populations.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time