Shelter Supervisor - Women's Shelter - Referral and Signing Bonus!
Catholic Charities is looking for a Shelter Supervisor for our overnight women's emergency homeless shelter in Denver, CO. This is an overnight position, with hours from 11:00pm-7:30am.
Referral Bonus: $250.00 and Sign-on Bonus: $250.00. Both bonuses will be paid out to the employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Coordinates the general daily operations of the women’s emergency shelter and supports the Supervisor/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery consistent with our mission, values and Catholic teachings.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports
- Directs, coordinates and monitors program staff to achieve goals.
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Conducts intakes and orientation for clients, discharges clients according to procedures, and conducts BA’s as appropriate.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations.
- Resolves resident issues/disputes following established policies and procedures.
- Assists in creating a welcoming shelter environment.
- Responsible for distributing supplies and maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Women's Emergency Shelter Associates.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with homeless and/or in a residential setting, preferably with women, children and/or dually diagnosed clients.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and timely case files
- Ability to use computer to enter data and create reports in databases and word processing software.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately resolve crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.Hours are 11:00pm-7:30am.
Must be able to work a variety of shifts including mostly overnights and weekends.
Supervisory Experience preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time