Overnight Shelter Associate - Referral and Signing Bonus!
Catholic Charities is looking for part-time and full-time Shelter Associates for our Women's Homeless Shelter. There are overnight shifts anywhere from 3pm-8am.
Referral Bonus: $250.00 and Sign-on Bonus: $250.00. Both bonuses will be paid out to the employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Responsible for working the front desk and plays a key role in helping residents to have a successful stay at Shelter by providing them support and resources. Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Maintains current knowledge of on-going events and residents by reading old logs
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency personnel
- Strives to make volunteers and guests feel welcome.
- Communicates with others staff to resolve problems with individual residents.
- Completes necessary records and reports, including on the computer or manually, as directed.
- Distributes and inventories supplies.
- Conducts in-take and orientation of new clients.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals.
- Keeps supervisor informed on shelter developments.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees chores of residents assigned to area or as directed
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Experience working with people in crisis
- Ability to remain calm in stressful and/or emergency situations
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of word processing and typing ability to enter resident information
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires working at multiple work site locations.
This facility is open 24/7. Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overnights.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, On Call