Shelter Associate - Samaritan House - Referral and Signing Bonus!
Catholic Charities is looking for full-time Shelter Associates for our homeless shelters in Denver, CO. Positions are available at Samaritan House.
Referral Bonus: $250.00 and Sign-on Bonus: $250.00. Both bonuses will be paid out to the employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Provide safety, shelter, resources, and advocacy for our homeless clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Maintains current knowledge of on-going events and residents by reading old logs
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency personnel
- Strives to make volunteers and guests feel welcome.
- Communicates with others staff to resolve problems with individual residents.
- Completes necessary records and reports, including on the computer or manually, as directed.
- Distributes and inventories supplies.
- Conducts in-take and orientation of new clients.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals.
- Keeps supervisor informed on shelter developments.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct tours and speaking engagements as needed.
- Participate in completing inventories and monthly reports.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the staff office.
- Accept, log, and write thank you notes to the donors and supporters of the Holy Rosary Shelter along with sorting through and managing the items donated.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively work with women in crisis situations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills to enter data, create communications and generate reports
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BA/BS preferred.
40 hours per week.
There are a variety of shifts available including evenings, overnights, and weekends.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal,On Call