Shelter Associate, Lead (Part-Time) (Fort Collins, CO)
Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time Lead Shelter Associate to supervise shelter operations at our homeless shelter in Ft. Collins, CO.
Coordinates the general operations of staff at homeless shelter and provides direct client service. Supports the Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program operations and service delivery consistent with our mission, values and Catholic teachings.
- Implements program objectives and standards as directed by management
- Assist management in maintaining accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements.
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Conducts intakes and orientation for clients, discharges clients according to procedures, and conducts BA’s as appropriate.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations.
- Resolves resident issues/disputes following established policies and procedures.
- Assists in creating a welcoming shelter environment.
- Carries out lead responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the manager in interviewing and hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding employees; referring staff to management to address complaints and resolve problems.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Shelter Operations, staff training and development/growth
- One-year experience working with homeless or low income individuals in a residential setting, preferably with mental health diagnosed clients.
- Ability to use computer to enter data and create reports in databases and word processing software.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately resolve crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related supervisory/lead experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college preferred but not required.
This is a part-time position, 25-29 hours per week.
Must have weekend availability and be able to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Hours consist of evening and/or overnight shifts (employee's choice)
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal