Senior Grants Manager
Catholic Charities is currently looking for a Senior Grants Manager to join the Finance team in Denver CO.
Serve as agency focal point for grant applications and grant/contract financial reporting and other administrative matters. Perform a variety of complex accounting duties in the verification, maintenance, reconciliation, and reporting of grant accounting records. Establishes and maintains related policies and procedures; provides support to program personnel; and coordinates all grant/contract financial management functions to assure financial compliance. Supervises grant writers and accountant that performs grants billing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grants / Contracts
- Function as liaison between agency personnel (program, accounting, development) and grantor/contractor.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation and submission of proposals and deliverables with grants writer and the appropriate program and accounting personnel.
- Supervise invoicing for grant and service contracts, and personally prepare some of them.
- Review financial terms, conditions and other requirements, and provide proposal support to program personnel.
- Assists program staff in interpreting laws, rules and regulations, and clarifying procedures and monitors timelines to meet required deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute monthly/quarterly grant/contract status reports.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for existing and anticipated grants/contracts.
- Assure adherence to agency policies and procedures and to grant/contract requirements.
Budget Management / Analysis
- Assists with compiling and developing program and agency budgets for grants and service contracts.
- Monitors expenditures and income related to various program budgets to assure availability of funds.
- Assists program staff in complying with local, state, and federal regulations and monitors timelines to meet required deadlines.
Accounting / Analysis
- Researches, calculates, and prepares billings to federal, state, city/county and other agencies.
- Performs complex accounting duties in the preparation of financial documents, records, and reports.
- Examines and audits accounting data for accuracy, appropriateness and documentation.
- Assists in monthly close activities, the year-end closing process and annual audit preparation.
- Recommends solutions, answers inquiries and provides data for independent auditors and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base, effecting compliance in a charitable manner.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of advanced nonprofit accounting.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations for nonprofit financial record keeping and reporting especially regarding grant and other donor requirements.
- Experience in grants work, billing and accounting, and supervision experience.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in business computer systems, and advanced Excel skills.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented.
- Organized and able to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; preferably in business administration, accounting, or related field; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full time position 40 hours/week Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Pay: $50 to $60/year
Job Status: Full Time