Senior Accounting Clerk
Catholic Charities is looking for a Senior Accounting Clerk to join the Finance team in Denver, CO.
Under general supervision and guidance, carries out necessary financial accounting and audit responsibilities by performing a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks and verifies entry detail for accounts payable, accounts receivable/cash receipts and/or donor processing.
- Codes regular entries for distribution to accounts.
- Audits disbursement vouchers, debit and credit memos, donor records, etc.
- Reviews, posts and balances subsidiary ledgers.
- Assists in preparing, adjusting, and closing journal entries.
- Prepares account reconciliations.
- Analyzes and reconciles any internal inconsistencies between manual and computerized systems.
- Assists with trial balance and preparation of statements and reports.
- Prepares necessary governmental or regulatory reports such as 1099’s, tax certificates, etc.
- Assists in preparation of annual audit.
- May coordinate the agency’s vehicle donation program, assist in policy and procedure development, and/or assist the Controller or Chief Financial Officer with other special projects or miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Guides the work of lower level staff, in a lead capacity only
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resource
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Practical knowledge of agency accounting policy, government regulations, and tax requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Detail oriented and organized, flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Good phone manner and able to interview and assist callers.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate skills in excel and accounting software/database for entering data, creating and generating reports, and data analysis
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented.
- Organized and able to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; preferably in business, accounting, or related field; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full time, 40 hours per week, fully benefitted position. Mon-Fri 8a-430pm.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Benefits: Minimum 5 weeks + of Paid Annual Leave ~ Medical Insurance~ Dental Insurance~403B Retirement Plan ~ Flexible Benefit Plan~ Extended Illness Bank
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time