Safety Associates- Samaritan House
Catholic Charities is looking for full-time and part-time Safety Associates to join our team at The Samaritan House in Denver, CO.
Responsible for maintaining the personal safety of the staff and clients and the security of the building and grounds. Courteously answers calls and directs visitors, clients and visiting staff to appropriate meeting locations and/or connects them with the proper staff. Maintains accurate and timely records of front desk information. Assists in any emergency situations in the building or on the grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally and courteously answers all incoming telephone calls and makes appropriate connections. Takes and relays message as necessary.
- Politely welcomes, greets and assists all clients and visitors, providing routine information or directing them to appropriate staff/program.
- Communicates incidents, issues, and other relevant information accurately and timely to appropriate staff, log books, and/or security logs.
- Researches and updates community assistance resources to refer callers.
- Conducts internal and external rounds throughout the facility to monitor and ensure safety.
- Monitors surveillance cameras and public areas to ensure no improper conduct or unauthorized persons are inside facility and/or on agency property including parking lot, overflow areas, and storage facilities.
- Adheres to Agency confidentiality and HIPAA expectations.
- Responds and assists as appropriate to any emergency situations in the building or on the grounds.
- Escorts unauthorized individuals off or agency property when appropriate.
- Assists with loading transport buses.
- Enforces behavioral guidelines as appropriate.
- Familiarizes self with management and staff schedules for referral sources and visitation purposes.
- Investigates suspicious behavior and all unauthorized visitors in the facility and takes appropriate action.
- Provides basic administrative support such as entering data or word processing for other departments as requested.
- Escorts staff and clients to their vehicles when requested.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Watches weather conditions and take appropriate steps to maintain the safety of the staff and clients.
- Good steward of Agency human, capital and financial resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to communicate and interact positively with others who are in a time of need.
- Ability to remain calm and respond appropriately in crisis situations; using the Trauma-Informed Care model of service delivery.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required, as well as being able to function independently.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
There are full-time and part-time positions available.
Full-time: Approximately 30-40 hours per week, Evening/Nights.
Part-time: Under 20 hours per week, Evenings/Nights - Friday-Sunday.
Experience working with the homeless is preferred.
Security experience is preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal,On Call