Safety Associate Supervisor (full-time)
Catholic Charities is seeking a full-time Safety Associate Supervisor to work at our homeless shelter in Denver, CO.
Coordinates the general daily operations for safety and security programs. Provides direct client service when necessary. Supports the Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management consistent with our mission and Catholic teachings
- Follows budget as set by manager/director. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete client records are maintained.
- Works with the local system of care toward the design, implementation and evaluation of a model of care that is collaborative and strengths-based.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Takes notes to record shift meetings and dorm meetings. Also includes other meetings as appropriate.
- Ensures consistent and timely communication of participant issues to other appropriate staff.
- Provides customer service to all visitors and participants and assists them to authorized areas.
- Assesses need for and performs UAs & BAs as necessary.
- Supports and educates Participant Life volunteers, and safety associates.
- Resolves participant issues/disputes following Samaritan House policies and procedures.
- Responds appropriately and resolves emergency/crisis situations (medical, facilities, etc.)
- Discharges participants for non-compliance as necessary.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows-up with ordering of supplies and office materials.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Operations as requested.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- May oversee volunteers.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and respond appropriately in crisis situations
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, generate reports, and create communications.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Express excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in related field such as social work, psychology, criminal justice, human services or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position. 40 hours a week.
Experience working with the homeless is preferred.
Security/Safety experience is preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time