Resource/Housing Navigator (Greeley, CO) (part-time)
Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time Resource/Housing Navigator for our Homeless Shelter in Greeley, CO.
Provides professional navigation services to clients to improve client stability, self-sufficiency, personal growth and development and housing support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Performs assessment of clients within established guidelines through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Based on client needs and willingness, assists in the development service plans for individuals.
- Provides resource navigation to support clients in reaching goals.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, public relations and resource navigation.
- Authorizes services of the organization based upon assessment of need and availability of resources. Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data. Enters data and generates reports.
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Identify appropriate permanent housing options for clients such as subsidized housing, Section 8, and VASH, as well permanent supportive housing, affordable and market rate housing, and other housing opportunities.
- Assist clients with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork, survey rental market for affordable housing, and advocate for clients with prospective landlords.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the basic theories and practices of social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reports and documents preparation.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 years related college education and/or experience in human services field
16 Hours per week
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Knowledge of Community Resources preferred
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process
Pre-employment drug screen required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time, Seasonal, On Call