Resident Service Coordinator - Social Case Worker II
Catholic Charities is looking for a Resident Service Coordinator - Social Case Worker II to join our team in Denver, CO. This position is located within a HUD residential property.
Provides professional case management services to program clients to improve client stability, self-sufficiency and personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery to moderately complex case management services under general supervision.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment of clients within established guidelines through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Determines the necessary level of intervention by evaluating client data.
- Develops, implements and modifies treatment/service plans with individuals, families and ancillary service providers.
- Provides counseling, crisis intervention and supportive services to assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Plans curriculum and facilitates support/educational groups for clients.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance and adherence to standards
- Authorizes services of the organization based upon assessment of need and availability of resources
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives.
- Provides emergency response coverage for programs with on-call rotations.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of fair housing regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of community and governmental benefit services and ability to work with employees of programs designed to enrich the lives of residents.
- Ability to comfort residents and their families during difficult situations by speaking with them and helping them with various needs.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reporting and documentation skills to moderately complex and/or specialized casework services.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Social Work or assigned specialty area from accredited university and at least 1 year related experience or training; or Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Social Work or assigned specialty area from accredited college or university and at least 5 years related experience and/or training.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am to 430pm.
Ideal candidate will be familiar with Medicare/Medicaid.
Must be able to work independently.
Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish).
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time