Regional Director, Larimer County
Catholic Charities is looking for a Regional Director for Larimer County. This position is located at The Mission Homeless Shelter in Ft. Collins, CO.
Guided by the pastoral mission, values and goals of Catholic Charities’ ministry, leads the planning, development, service delivery and evaluation, fiscal management and documentation for a region. Provides leadership and planning for Larimer Regional office. Represents Catholic Charities publicly with regard to the Regional office and is responsible for conveying its message and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to regional office staff in administering the Agency’s mission, ministries and policies, consistent with Catholic Charities’ mission and values and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of management in developing strategic plans and priorities, and directing the implementation of services consistent with our mission and Catholic teachings..
- Oversees, develops and administers regional office budgets within the guidelines established by the Board and Senior Management.
- Oversees and analyzes program statistics to evaluate services and outcomes. Directs implementation of improvements as appropriate
- Directs and oversees regional programs that are assigned to or unique to the region.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with other social service agencies, local Catholic parishes, other denominations, state and local governments.
- Represents Catholic Charities in the community and before local funders through presentations, personal contacts and speaking engagements.
- Assists in grant development, writing and reporting.
- Develops and maintains relationships with donors.
- Assists Charitable Giving through the development of promotional material and assists in fundraising activities and regional fundraisers.
- Staffs and maintains regional advisory board to ensure regional participation in identifying unmet needs and implementing and evaluating Catholic Charities long-range goals and objectives.
- Oversees the facility maintenance of regional office locations.
- Oversees the recruitment of volunteers and the cultivation of a supportive constituency committed to assisting Catholic Charities in carrying out its mission.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Models Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Regional Office managers and staff
- Demonstrated effective management, supervisory and administrative skills.
- Ability to understand and convey to others the values and social teachings of the Catholic Church as they relate to the mission and work of Catholic Charities.
- Ability to work effectively within the framework of Catholic teachings.
- Skills in community work, problem-solving, goal-setting, evaluation and team-building.
- Intermediate skill on Microsoft Office and database management
- Ability to compile and interpret statistical information.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree or equivalent from accredited university; and four to six years of demonstrated related program management and supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and/or intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043). Refrain from public promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Experience with donors, fundraising, and creating community partnerships is highly desired.
Business management experience required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time