Catholic Charities is looking for a Recruiting Specialist to join the Human Resources team in Denver, CO.
Referral Bonus: $250.00. Bonus will be paid out to the referring employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Coordinates a variety of professional Human Resources recruiting functions to strategically and creatively source applicants in a fast-paced, faith-based environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes recruitment and selection-related functions, such as recruitment advertising and candidate sourcing, evaluation and assists in selection. Participates in the interview and selection process as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Responds to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Compiles and reports personnel statistics and reports accurately and timely.
- Fosters a work environment consistent with the values, vision and mission of the agency.
- Networks in the community to form strategic alliances on behalf of the Agency.
- Attends job fairs and recruiting functions.
- Processes employee personnel change information timely and accurately including entering information into appropriate software, communicating with Payroll and others.
- Maintains complete and accurate employee personnel and benefit files (electronic and paper) providing information for demographics and various other reports, and ensuring compliance with recordkeeping requirements and standards.
- Ensures accuracy of job descriptions; conducts job analyses to establish specific requirements of jobs; creates, reviews and updates descriptions as required.
- Creates and generates reports for analysis, tracking recruiting metrics.
- Assists in conducting HR trainings, including New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Training, and other trainings to achieve Agency goals.
- Assists in coordinating employee events.
- Builds and maintains on-going relationships with HR team, hiring managers and senior leadership.
- Builds and maintains on-going relations with community partners.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in conducting salary surveys; analyzing salary data and preparing related reports.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills in Word and excel, and HRIS and/or database experience to maintain electronic files and to create and generate reports, communications and presentations.
- Strong attention to detail, and analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in sensitive matters.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources or related field; and two to four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Friday.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time