Public Relations Coordinator
Catholic Charities is looking for a Public Relations Coordinator to join our Marketing Department in Denver, CO.
Responsible for day to day aspects of the organization’s position on topics and issues to produce revenue, generate publicity, and/or enhance public relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with day to day communication for the agency and ensures it is consistent with Agency mission and Catholic teachings.
- Work with PR Manager to develops, implement effective communication planning timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepares and administers budget within established guidelines.
- Secures sponsorships as appropriate.
- Provide all media (newspaper, cable, radio, web sites, etc.) with notices of upcoming productions, newsworthy events, and advertising.
- Write press releases.
- Develop and distribute all publicity for every production and general activities including but not limited to notices, calendar events, publicity with photographs, general news, etc.
- Acts as spokesperson for the organization with the approval of Director of Marketing and CEO.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Develops, recommends and oversees implementation of program policies, procedures and objective
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and execute messaging consistent with Agency values and Catholic teachings.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, both interpersonally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time