Program Coordinator for Marisol Homes
Catholic Charities is looking for a Program Coordinator to join Marisol Homes in Denver, CO.
Collaborative supporter and a member of the Operations Team with the objective to support the mission of Marisol Homes and the clients served. Assists clients in addressing their needs while establishing and maintaining an environment for clients that is consistent with agency values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the reception of visitors, donors, clients, and staff in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure that clients who walk-in are directed to the appropriate case manager.
- Keep the office organized and professional in appearance.
- Take calls and receive visitors to the office with a professional and positive attitude.
- Provide a wide variety of skilled administrative support for the Marisol Home Director and Program and Ops Managers.
- Perform general office management duties including purchasing and maintaining office supplies, maintenance of office equipment, etc.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail to staff; coordinate deliveries to and from administrative office; monitor incoming fax email account and distribute faxes to appropriate staff.
- Update program forms as needed and maintain e-files for standard documents.
- Assist with drafting professional correspondence to external partners.
- Communicate and collaborate with case managers, supervisors, program staff, and community partners and service providers to provide optimal support to families.
- In coordination with the Director, facilitate the alignment of Marisol Programs under trauma informed principles and practices through training and networking opportunities.
- Enforces house policies and procedures uniformly and consistently.
- Acts in a responsible manner within program policies/procedures to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- May participate in on-call rotation
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with persons experiencing homelessness and/or with high risk populations, preferably with women, children and/or dually diagnosed clients.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and timely case files
- Ability to use computer to enter data and create reports in databases and word processing software.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately resolve crisis situations.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in a human services field; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and proof of insurance required.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
Non-profit work experience preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time