Program Assistant - Gabriel House
Catholic Charities is looking for a Program Assistant for Gabriel House in Denver, CO.
Assists the Director in planning, coordinating, and implementing programs and activities of the Gabriel House Project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Drafts communications for signature. May send out routine correspondence.
- Develops and conducts public and institutional presentations.
- Assists program staff as needed to facilitate smooth operation of the program.
- Develops and manages system of collecting routine information on services delivered and the required reports in conjunction with ministry staff.
- Assists the Director with scheduling meetings, handling correspondence, preparing reports, and grants.
- Facilitates communication with billing entities.
- Ensures appropriate inventory of office supplies.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Assists with marketing efforts in conjunction with program staff and Director.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Ensures that all details of a task are completed thoroughly.
- Works under minimal supervision. Assignments are received in the form of expected results, due dates and general procedures to follow.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles information calls as needed.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and convey to others the values and social teachings of the Catholic Church as they relate to the mission and work of the Gabriel House Project.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administrative procedures and basic accounting
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present trainings.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Access, Excel to enter data, create communications, and create and generate reports
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; plus one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 30 hours a week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, based on business need.
Ability to travel locally, within Metro Denver.
Degree or equivalent experience in Psychology preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Benefits: Minimum 5 weeks + of Paid Annual Leave ~ Medical Insurance~ Dental Insurance~403B Retirement Plan ~ Flexible Benefit Plan~ Extended Illness Bank
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
Job Status: Full Time