Planned Giving Officer - The Catholic Foundation
The Catholic Foundation is seeking an experienced Planned Giving Officer to join their team in Denver, CO.
To respond to this position opening, please email a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position, along with your resume or CV, to: Employment@TheCatholicFoundation.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, cultivates, and stewards donors and donor prospects for soliciting and securing planned gifts; manages a portfolio of major planned giving prospects
- Assumes personal responsibility for relationships with a designated number of donors, undertaking direct individual donor solicitations as appropriate.
- Introduces donors to Donor-Advised Funds at the Foundation.
- Attends meetings, special events, private dinners, major fund-raisers and donor recognition banquets.
- Actively solicits and closes gifts.
- Writes correspondence, case statements, gift proposals, and thank you notes.
- Provides input to database records and files, to track donor and gift information.
- Produces regular reports on impact of planned giving efforts.
- Must be able to link the teachings and values of the Catholic Church to the mission and services of the Catholic Foundation.
- Has a sense of cultural “humility”: Is open to ideas, placing group interests above self with a realistic grip on self-strengths and weaknesses; demonstrates both integrity and honesty; defines success collectively rather than individually.
- Has a sense of cultural “healthy hunger”: Is intellectually curious, works hard but not to the point of exhaustion; feels personal responsibility for overall success; has an appetite and passion for Mission.
- Has a sense of cultural “people-smarts”: Is positive in attitude with good judgment and a common sense about how to draw the best out of others; has intuition and ability to “connect the dots” to think across disciplines; active listener in group dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies; customer service excellence.
- Is a self-starter and can work independently and collaboratively; hard worker with high energy; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development and advancement activities.
- Has a knowledge of technical, legal, and financial requirements associated with Planned Giving.
- Fosters the highest level of confidentiality, ethics, integrity and professional demeanor.
- Has a knowledge of prospect research techniques.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of experience in some form of revenue generation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and/or Experience Preferences:
- Law degree and/or experience as an attorney in a fund-raising setting.
- Experience with trusts
- Non-profit or Catholic faith-based setting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in fund-raising and donor stewardship.
Job Status: Full Time