Catholic Charities is seeking a Payroll Analyst in Denver, CO.
Under general supervision, is responsible for the overall payroll function of the agency including but not limited to statutory payroll tax and 403(b) documentation and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks, verifies and calculates each worker’s earnings based on time sheets, individual time cards, or other type of work tickets.
- Accurately prepares payroll and payroll tax reporting and payments according to department procedures and policies and within deadlines.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation for all 403(b) reporting.
- Accurately prepares all statutory payroll tax reporting and payments within deadlines.
- Processes all garnishments.
- Prepares all W-2’s.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity and functionality of payroll database.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation to support all payroll transactions.
- Maintains the accuracy and scheduling of payrolls.
- Investigates and settle disputes involving possible errors in payroll.
- Audits payroll summaries, tax forms, wage reports and surveys.
- Maintain and service the payroll environment within the company’s reporting system, Serenic.
- Continued education to stay up to date on the current accounting facets of payroll.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Practical knowledge of agency payroll policy, government regulations, and tax requirements.
- Proficient in business and payroll processing computer systems.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (AS/AA) or Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in business, accounting, finance, or related field; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
40+ hours per week, some overtime nights and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16C18