Parish Community Relations Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for a Parish Community Relations Specialist to join our team in Denver, CO.
Build and maintain parish relationships within the Archdiocese of Denver and connect them to Catholic Charities’ services. Engage the community in the works of Catholic Charities by connecting parish leaders directly to our mission, educating people about our services, and promoting active service opportunities throughout the Archdiocese of Denver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with pastors and educate them about the main services of Catholic Charities
- Manage the Ambassador Program: Train parishioners to be liaisons between the needs of the parish and Catholic Charities. Including: orient potential parish Ambassadors by educating them on Catholic Charities’ services and the Ambassador role responsibilities.
- Facilitate bi-quarterly all-Ambassador meetings at the Archdiocese of Denver.
- Communicate regularly with Ambassadors, parish leaders and bulletin editors (monthly) via e-newsletters on behalf of the entire agency
- Monthly reporting capturing the various interactions parishes have with Catholic Charities (including hosting drives, sponsoring events, publishing bulletin announcements, scheduling presentations, etc.)
- Coordinate/assist with drives at the parish and community level throughout the year
- Create Catholic Charities’ ministries to create and launch parish-specific communication
- Enter all parish interactions and reporting through Podio
- Outreach to parish leaders outside of the Ambassador Program and connect them to annual drives and events across Catholic Charities.
- Present to parish groups a general outline of catholic Charities’ services and its mission, and provide written resources.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteer events
- Work with the Communications and Marketing team to make sure all written and graphic materials are accurate and available for parishes
- Maintain professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively plan and execute messaging consistent with Agency values and Catholic teachings.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Satisfactory driving record and proof of valid driver’s license and insurance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is full-time position, 40 hours per week.
This position will work with Catholic Parishes and Pastors.
Experience working with Parishes and volunteers is highly preferred.
Job Status: Full Time