Organizational Development & Training Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for an Organizational Development & Training Specialist to join the HR team in Denver, CO.
The Organizational Development & Training Specialist partners with Human Resources and leadership teams to conduct organizational analyses, ensure effective organizational design, and develop strategies to leverage talent. The OD Specialist creates, presents, and ensures documentation of Agency training, while sharing the Mission Statement of the Agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts needs assessments for the Agency regarding training and organizational development needs
- Creates training checklists and sources or creates material for required training.
- Works with supervisors to ensure checklists are returned complete and filed appropriately.
- Creates training videos for Agency Intranet (SharePoint). Keeps videos up to date and responds to requests and questions regarding where material is located or how to use it.
- Promptly responds to requests for information (received via phone, email, mail or in person).
- Composes and prepares a variety of routine departmental communication. Distributes as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains departmental spreadsheets and records primarily through data entry into the database(s).
- Assists in developing and conducting HR trainings.
- Creates relationships with other OD consultants as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of client, employee and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing data and preparing metric reports.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists with presenting information in New Employee Orientation
- Assists with New Supervisor Training
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Ability to influence without authority and work with a team.
- Ability to work independently, set and achieve goals.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience in Organizational Development, Training, Human Resources or related field.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel, HRIS and/or database experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources or related degree from accredited four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred. Experience with adult learning highly preferred.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time