Operations Manager - Marisol Homes
Catholic Charities is looking for an Operations Manager for Marisol Homes in Denver, CO.
Coordinates the general daily operations of the Marisol Homes, leads the Volunteer support program and coordinates educational/skills building programming and activities for women and children.
Responsibilities and Duties
Administration & Management:
- In Partnership with the Director, ensures the delivery of services in a professional, ethical and effective manner.
- Understands and oversees implementation of program policies, procedures and objectives to support our mission.
- In coordination with the Marisol Homes Director, prepare monthly work schedule for site staffing. Prepare alternate coverage plans or cover for site staff when necessary due to illness, vacation, or emergencies.
- Prepare client chore list and monitor that all chores are completed.
- Oversee daily safety/cleanliness inspections; take appropriate action with clients when standards are not met.
- Notify Facilities Manager of needed maintenance in resident rooms and throughout Marisol Homes facilities. Track resolution of maintenance requests.
- Maintain necessary supplies; do regular inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Manage all donations to the facility according to program policies.
- In coordination with the Director, facilitate the alignment of Marisol Programs under trauma informed principles and practices through training and networking opportunities.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Supervise the Coordinator and Marisol Homes volunteers in accordance with Agency values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees/volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that direct report (s) and volunteers have updated job descriptions-that are representative of the core functions they manage.
- Ensure that direct report (s) and next-level reports are supported in their professional development, by identifying and addressing collective areas of capacity building and by supporting the implementation of individual development plans.
- Responsible for recruiting new volunteers and coordinating existing volunteers to fulfill the needs of Marisol Homes, and the population served.
- Assist in the development and review of job descriptions for volunteers
- In coordination with the Marisol Director, promote Marisol Homes services to the community, and give informational presentations about the work of Marisol Homes
- Provide orientation to new volunteers, to include at least one weekend orientation per month or as needed.
- Coordinate with the Marisol Homes Director, Program Manager and Alumni Supervisor to determine the number of volunteers needed for programming and special events.
- Assist the program coordinators in forecasting number of volunteers needed for upcoming programming and special events.
- Periodically, solicit feedback from volunteers to assess satisfaction with assignments, possibility for additional or different volunteer opportunities.
- Assist in planning and implementing volunteer recognitions including the annual national volunteer week recognition.
- In coordination with the Marisol Homes Director, update the Marisol Homes wish list on a regular basis and secure Good-In-Kind donations.
- Track and monitor monthly/annual volunteer hours and contact information.
- Maintain tracking and reporting of in-kind donations
- Management experience in social service setting with working knowledge of case management systems and planning techniques.
- Knowledge of homelessness, substance abuse/recovery (or impacts of), domestic violence and behavioral health care necessary.
- Ability to work effectively within the framework of Catholic teachings.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, create and generate reports, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in a human services field; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, one evening a week.
Experience with residential/shelter operations is highly preferred.
Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time