Mental Health Specialist - Infant & Toddlers
Catholic Charities is looking for a Mental Health Specialist to join our Early Childhood Education team in Denver, CO.
Provide supplemental mental health services and related educational, technical, and consultative support to children, families and staff. May provide direct services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regular scheduled on-site mental health consultation to Early Head Start sites, home-based and pre-natal programs.
- Promote timely and effective identification of and intervention in mental health areas to families and staff.
- Meets with other staff and conducts classroom observations to assess social and emotional health of children
- Observes, monitors, and provides feedback and consultation for classroom teachers and teaching teams regarding mental health issues
- In collaboration with classroom teaching team, develops appropriate social and emotional classroom curriculum, programmatic goals and individualized development goals
- Conducts social, emotional and behavioral assessments when indicated
- Educates, consults and guides staff in early childhood social and emotional development and effectively managing development, environment and social factors within the early childhood classroom
- Assists classroom staff in implementing appropriate curriculum and techniques which promote a nurturing, supportive environment and relationships in the program and at home
- Coordinates staff and parent education on mental health issues, on both group and individual basis
- Assists parents and staff in understanding mental health issues related to present and relevant concerns/issues
- Monitors, tracks and reports mental health services accurately and timely
- Effectively utilizes community mental health resources
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Licensed with Infant/Toddler Specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of early childhood mental health principles and practices
- Able to effectively communicate orally to diverse groups and individuals
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft office suite software to enter data, create and generate reports, and create communications
- Knowledgeable in Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (MA/MS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week.
LCSW, LPC, or LMFT required.
Experience working with infants, toddlers, & their families required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time