Marketing & Communications Project Manager
Catholic Charities is looking for a Marketing & Communications Project Manager in Denver, CO.
Implements marketing campaigns for agency events and initiatives through comprehensive management of print, online and email communications. Produces copy, layout and final production of Agency printed collateral and electronic communications to donors utilizing computer software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Uses computer to design layout and position text and graphics in a visually appealing way to create print and web communications, including but not limited to, annual report, print and email newsletters, direct mail pieces, brochures, event invitations and other collateral.
- Edits and proofs materials for accuracy and completeness to produce final product.
- Ensures publication deadlines are achieved.
- Prepares final layout for printers and ensures finished product meets specifications.
- Work with vendors for bids and ensuring quality and delivery standards are met.
- Updates the agency’s website and social media profiles, ensuring content is accurate, timely and appealing.
- Supports donor relations efforts through continual assessment of donor “points of contact,” including online donation procedures, direct mail pieces and acknowledgement letters and recommending improvements.
- Serves as agency photographer during various agency events and in support of various agency campaigns and special projects.
- Represents the agency professionally and promptly as the primary point of contact for general information inquiries both via phone and email.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to use graphic design software to design and create appealing paper and electronic publications
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of layout and graphic design for a variety of media.
- Ability to integrate Catholic symbols, terminology and teachings into designs to convey appropriate message
- Ability to plan schedules, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Graphic design experience required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
Job Status: Full Time