Maintenance Techs- Archdiocesan Housing
Catholic Charities is looking for multiple Maintenance Technicians for Affordable Housing properties in Denver, CO.
The Maintenance Staff are part of the Housing Management Services (HMS) division of Archdiocesan Housing Inc. The Maintenance Staff maintain the Archdiocesan Housing properties in accordance with HMS and governmental standards and assure building safety, and comfort for residents and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete work orders and perform preventative maintenance in an acceptable and timely manner. Perform minor plumbing repairs such as clearing plumbing stoppages, replacing faucets and piping, repairing drains. Completing minor electrical repairs, such as replacing switches, outlets, bulbs and wiring, installing or repairing light fixtures; performing minor tasks in woodworking, such as frame repair, door and lock repair and installation; and HVAC maintenance in order to keep the building in good, working condition.
- Performs emergency repairs as needed. Continual awareness and repair of liability issues is essential.
- Maintain common areas, grounds and parking lot by removing snow, trimming shrubs, cutting grass, raking leaves, weeding, fixing fences, changing dumpsters, maintaining the sprinkler system and repairing playground equipment in compliance with fire codes, insurance standards and local codes.
- May specialize in an area of maintenance such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Prepare vacated apartments for tenancy by painting, repairing/replacing appliances, patching walls, installing blinds, shampooing carpeting and replacing screens with HMS standards.
- Required documentation to include work orders, inventory of supplies, tools and equipment. Assists in inspections, maintaining supplies, and development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Serve as the contact person with outside vendors to ensure that all building systems are maintained in good working condition.
- Perform all work in a timely and professional manner in order to provide optimal service for the residents and staff. Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Secure and maintain all tools and equipment. Employee must provide basic hand tools such as hammer, screwdrivers and wrenches; HMS will provide specialty tools with the approval of the Site Manager.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate effectively as a member of the on-site team; attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings in order to stay current with building needs and safety procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager to assure property is safe, attractive, well maintained and comfortable for residents and staff.
- Maintain compliance and documentation with OSHA, HUD and HMS standards.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Attend meetings as directed to stay current with organization projects.
- Assists with general office work and special team projects.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the maintenance of buildings and appliances.
- Two years of maintenance experience required, preferably in a housing environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in installation, maintenance and/or repair.
- Documented ability to correctly perform minor repairs.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a diverse population
- Sufficient education to perform the essential functions listed.
- Ability to operate and maintain all standard maintenance equipment safely.
- Licensed ability to drive a vehicle and a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work in a housing and maintenance environment which includes being able to safely lift, move or transport materials as heavy as fifty pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather in order to clear walkways of snow, ice and/or debris.
- Ability to work in heat, humidity, fumes and noise depending on tools being used and duties being performed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and insurability for Agency Vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: Minimal within local area – frequent travel between sites.
- Equipment Used: Hand and power tools, tools for landscaping, snow removal, floor care and heavy cleaning.
The full-time position is 40 hours per week and eligible for benefits. On-call and weekends required.
Multiple sites available.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time