Maintenance Tech - Housing (Silverthorne)
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities is looking for a Maintenance Tech to join the team at a residential housing site in Silverthorne, CO.
The Maintenance Staff are part of the Housing Management Services (HMS) division of Archdiocesan Housing Inc. The Maintenance Staff are responsible for maintaining the Archdiocesan Housing properties in accordance with HMS and governmental standards and assure building safety, and comfort for residents and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete work orders and perform preventative maintenance in an acceptable and timely manner. Perform minor plumbing repairs such as clearing plumbing stoppages, replacing faucets and piping, repairing drains. Completing minor electrical repairs, such as replacing switches, outlets, bulbs and wiring, installing or repairing light fixtures; performing minor tasks in woodworking, such as frame repair, door and lock repair and installation; and HVAC maintenance in order to keep the building in good, working condition.
- Performs emergency repairs as needed. Continual awareness and repair of liability issues is essential.
- Maintain common areas, grounds and parking lot by removing snow, trimming shrubs, cutting grass, raking leaves, weeding, fixing fences, changing dumpsters, maintaining the sprinkler system and repairing playground equipment in compliance with fire codes, insurance standards and local codes.
- May specialize in an area of maintenance such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Prepare vacated apartments for tenancy by painting, repairing/replacing appliances, patching walls, installing blinds, shampooing carpeting and replacing screens with HMS standards.
- Required documentation to include work orders, inventory of supplies, tools and equipment. Assists in inspections, maintaining supplies, and development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Serve as the contact person with outside vendors to ensure that all building systems are maintained in good working condition.
- Perform all work in a timely and professional manner in order to provide optimal service for the residents and staff. Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Secure and maintain all tools and equipment. Employee must provide basic hand tools such as hammer, screwdrivers and wrenches; HMS will provide specialty tools with the approval of the Site Manager.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate effectively as a member of the on-site team; attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings in order to stay current with building needs and safety procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager to assure property is safe, attractive, well maintained and comfortable for residents and staff.
- Maintain compliance and documentation with OSHA, HUD and HMS standards.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Attend meetings as directed to stay current with organization projects.
- Assists with general office work and special team projects.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the maintenance of buildings and appliances.
- Two years of maintenance experience required, preferably in a housing environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in installation, maintenance and/or repair.
- Documented ability to correctly perform minor repairs.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a diverse population
- Sufficient education to perform the essential functions listed.
- Ability to operate and maintain all standard maintenance equipment safely.
- Licensed ability to drive a vehicle and a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work in a housing and maintenance environment which includes being able to safely lift, move or transport materials as heavy as fifty pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work in an environment including being outdoors in inclement weather in order to clear walkways of snow, ice and/or debris.
- Ability to work in heat, humidity, fumes and noise depending on tools being used and duties being performed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
This is a full-time, fully benefited position.
Hours are Mon-Fri, 8-5PM, plus on-call for emergencies during nights and weekends.
Excellent verbal/written communication.
Basic computer skills desired.
Plumbing/electrical experience preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time