Maintenance Tech (full-time & part-time)
Catholic Charities is looking for part-time and full-time Maintenance Techs to join our team in Denver, CO.
Performs wide variety of electrical, plumbing, equipment, and general building maintenance and repair to ensure facility is safe and all equipment is functioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing monthly inspection and needed repairs to the physical facility and commercial grade equipment; including performing routine preventative maintenance mandated in accordance with the established preventative maintenance matrix.
- Monitors that all fire, security, elevator and communication equipment are in working order and that all inspections are up to date; includes making necessary calls to outside vendors.
- Oversees equipment repairs and other miscellaneous cleaning equipment.
- Completes basic plumbing repairs.
- Installs light bulbs, doors, cabinets, ceiling tiles, and other office equipment.
- Monitors and ensures efficient operation of boiler and water softener.
- Provides support to the Operations Supervisor.
- Paints interior and exterior of facility.
- Setup and breakdown for various meetings.
- Responsible for snow removal.
- Responsible for needed pickups and deliveries.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Provides support to the operations staff when staff are absent.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience in general facility maintenance of commercial property, plus some specialized knowledge (electrical, HVAC, plumbing etc.)
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the operation and maintenance of buildings and commercial grade equipment
- Ability to use hand and power tools in installation, maintenance and/or repair.
- Proven ability to correctly assess and perform minor repairs.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to work independently and maintain self sufficiency with minimal supervision.
- Express excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The full-time position is 40 hours per week and eligible for benefits.
The part-time position has varying hours based on location, each under 30 hours per week.
Multiple sites and positions available.
Experience with managing work orders, preventative maintenance, grounds upkeep, and minor plumbing repairs required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Contract/Temporary, Seasonal, On Call