Lead Maintenance Technician
Catholic Charities is seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician for our Denver locations. Would you like to do something more meaningful? Join our team supporting various ministries including our administrative offices, shelters, transitional housing centers, early childhood education centers and more. If you have strong technical skills, great people skills and a desire to give back, we want to talk to you.
Responsible for maintaining Agency properties, both owned and leased, in accordance with Agency and governmental standards, ensures building safety, comfort and overall maintenance and appearance. This is a roving position and works at multiple sites as directed by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the work of other maintenance staff in a lead capacity, including coordinating daily work orders and providing guidance and direction.
- Completes work orders and perform preventative maintenance in an acceptable and timely manner. Perform plumbing repairs such as clearing plumbing stoppages, replacing faucets and piping, repairing drains. Completing electrical repairs, such as replacing switches, outlets, bulbs and wiring, installing or repairing light fixtures; performing tasks in woodworking, such as frame repair, door and lock repair and installation; and HVAC maintenance in order to keep the building in good, working condition.
- Performs emergency repairs as needed. Continual awareness and repair of liability issues is essential
- Maintain common areas, grounds and parking lot by removing snow, trimming shrubs, cutting grass, raking leaves, weeding, fertilizing, fixing fences, changing dumpsters, maintaining the sprinkler system and repairing playground equipment in compliance with fire codes, insurance standards and local codes.
- Accurately and promptly completes required documentation, including but not limited to, work orders, maintenance records, inventory of supplies, tools and equipment.
- Maintains acceptable routine maintenance supplies on-site with approval by supervisor.
- Assists in inspections, maintaining supplies, and development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Serves as the contact person as needed with routine, outside vendors to ensure that all building systems are maintained in good working condition for assigned locations.
- Performs all work in a timely and professional manner in order to provide optimal service for clients and staff.
- Maintains work areas in neat and orderly condition.
- Secures and maintains all tools and equipment.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in after-hours, emergency maintenance schedule and responds as appropriate.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- None, acts a team lead
- Must have at least 5 years demonstrated experience in correctly performing general repair/maintenance skills, including carpentry, plumbing and basic electrical in a commercial/residential property setting.
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while also maintaining flexibility to change job location and /or plans with little notice
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools in installation, maintenance and/or repair
- Ability to safely use cleaning and maintenance chemicals and solvents
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with team members, supervisor, residents and vendors.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook)
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
This is a full-time position. Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM with some on-call,
Job Status: Full Time