Kitchen Assistant (Part-Time) (Greeley)
Catholic Charities is looking for Kitchen Assistant in Greeley, CO.
Assists in the preparation and serving of daily meals at Shelter and ensure that volunteer and residents are following all sanitation standards of health safety and hygiene.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and/or directs others in all aspects of meal preparation.
- Receives food donations and assists in making arrangements for the storage of food products and other materials necessary to the food service operations.
- Assists with food production and presentation of daily menu items and special events.
- Monitors that only the highest standard of quality is maintained in the production of the daily meals.
- Monitors that all kitchen sanitation and safety regulations are observed at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment
- Ensures counter tops, sinks and kitchen equipment are clean and sanitary.
- Assist in the washing of dishes, pan, and utensils
- Monitors portion control, waste and maintains appropriate levels of needed inventory.
- May assists in training of volunteers
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support to the shelter staff as requested
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Genuine interest in restaurant experience as well as a willingness to gain a good working knowledge of commercial food preparation and production standards including sanitation safety standards.
- Knowledge of commercial grade kitchen equipment preferred but not required.
- The ability to be able to function independently and maintain self-sufficiency with minimal supervision.
- Express excellent interpersonal communication skills, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
This is a part-time position; 17-19 hours per week
Must be able to work Friday, Saturday or Sunday
Experience in a high volume kitchen preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time