Janitor (part-time) (Cheyenne, WY)
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities, is looking for a part-time Janitor for a HUD Residential Community in Cheyenne, WY.
The Janitor position is part of the Housing Management Services division of Archdiocesan Housing, Inc. The Janitor is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the building and grounds. All employees of the Archdiocesan Housing Committee Inc. are responsible for performing the essential and other functions of their position with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and maintains the building and performs general landscape maintenance including but not limited to grounds upkeep, trash pickup, graffiti removal and bush/shrub trimming.
- Handles recycling of newspaper and aluminum cans.
- Floor cleaning, spot shampooing, epoxy floors, tile floors.
- Cleans, maintains and secures all landscaping equipment. Notifies supervisor of any repairs or problems with equipment.
- May assist with other maintenance type of functions to include shoveling snow, spreading de-icing material, emptying trash, daily pick up of grounds, etc.
- Assists Mechanical Tech with basic repairs including but not limited to lighting, filter replacement, window screens.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a janitorial capacity.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of landscaping methods and ability to use common sense in problem solving issues needing to be addressed.
- Ability to read and understand labels on equipment and a knowledge of basic landscaping tools and equipment to include the safe operation of mowers, trimmers, hand tools, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Sufficient education and experience to perform the essential functions listed.
- Ability to work in a housing complex and be exposed to chemicals, gasoline, oil and the outside environment.
- Ability to perform the physical activities required which may include constant movement, walking, pushing appliances, bending and stretching, lifting and operating equipment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week.
Must be able to assist with snow, trash removal, and grounds upkeep.
Ideal candidate will have experience with janitor/maintenance duties.
Comfortable using Microsoft Windows and computers.
Familiar with PPE equipment.
Familiar with Fair Housing a plus.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time