Intake Coordinator - Homeless Shelter (Part-time)
Catholic Charities is seeking an Intake Coordinator for the family floor at the Samaritan House Homeless Shelter in Denver, CO.
Provides intake services to families staying at the Samaritan House. Assists clients in achieving self-sufficiency through advocacy, counseling, resource referrals and assistance with locating housing and income.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently
- Communicates with others staff to resolve problems with individual residents
- Assists in the development and implementation of case management services that helps clients become more independent and functional.
- Conducts in-take and orientation of new clients.
- Networks within the community resources to achieve the best services available for the clients.
- Advocates with the clients when they have barriers to overcome in meeting their goals.
- Develops and maintains appropriate records, statistics and documentation of services to the clients.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees chores of residents assigned to area or as directed
- Distributes and inventories supplies.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand the challenges faced by special need populations in the community.
- Capacity to identify client barriers to activities of daily living.
- Ability to use computer to enter client’s information into case files and compile program statistics, fax machine, copier, telephone and motor vehicle.
- Aptitude to assist client in identified barriers.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week.
Wednesday and Thursday: 12pm-4pm
Could be flexible afternoons and evenings.
Bilingual preferred Spanish/English
Job Status: Full Time