Human Resources Intern (part-time)
The Human Resources department at Catholic Charities is looking for a temporary Intern to join their team. This internship is from January 2018-June 2018, 24 hours per week, and has a flexible schedule.
Provides administrative support for HR department and back up phones at the front desk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers basic questions about agency and our services, directions, and other information
- Submits job postings to recruitment sources as directed.
- Provides administrative support to HR department, including but not limited to sending HR email reminders to staff, copying, and word processing.
- Provides clerical support such as processing mailings, entering data or word processing for other departments as requested.
- Maintains records and files as assigned.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resource
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to be friendly and professional with a variety of people in crisis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both on the phone and in person.
- Basic computer experience including email, internet and Microsoft office suite to create communications and track data.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Schedule is flexible, approximately 24 hours per week. Hours to be completed Monday through Friday.
Experience or interest in Human Resources is preferred.
Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
Working on degree in HR (BS, BA, MS) preferred.
This is a temporary position, January 2018 through June 2018.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time