Human Resources Generalist- Archdiocesan Housing/St. Raphael Counseling
Catholic Charities is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join the HR team in Denver, CO.
Coordinates variety of professional Human Resources functions to administer and develop personnel programs, policies and procedures that are legally compliant and create a positive and supportive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with other HR team members in developing, maintaining and administering HR programs, which may include employee relations, recruiting, benefit and salary administration, performance management, training and development, EEO, leave administration, legal compliance and workers compensation
- Serves as an internal consultant to management on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships.
- Completes recruitment and selection-related functions, such as recruitment advertising and candidate sourcing, evaluation and selection. Participates in the interview and selection process as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Performs employee relations functions and works proactively with employees and supervisors to develop effective strategies to resolve problems appropriately.
- Responds to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Compiles and reports personnel statistics and reports accurately and timely.
- Fosters a work environment consistent with the values, vision and mission of the agency.
- Serves as contact person for employees and insurance providers to resolve benefit issues.
- Administers benefit program including employee communication, training and enrollment processing, provides input in renewal process,
- Processes employee personnel change information timely and accurately including entering information into appropriate software, communicating with Payroll and others.
- Maintains complete and accurate employee personnel and benefit files (electronic and paper) providing information for demographics and various other reports, and ensuring compliance with recordkeeping requirements and standards.
- Ensures accuracy of job descriptions; conducts job analyses to establish specific requirements of jobs; creates, reviews and updates descriptions as required.
- Creates and generates reports for analysis.
- Assists in developing and conducting HR trainings, including New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Training, and other trainings to achieve training goals.
- Completes Unemployment Insurance claims, participates in hearings as appropriate.
- In collaboration with others, coordinates integration and tracking of multiple leave types (i.e. FMLA, WC, EIB).
- Assists in coordinating employee events
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Valid Driver's License, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in conducting salary surveys; analyzing salary data and preparing related reports.
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated human resources experience in assigned areas.
- Strong computer skills in Word and excel, and HRIS and/or database experience to maintain electronic files and to create and generate reports, communications and presentations.
- Strong attention to detail, and analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in sensitive matter
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Comfortable communicating teachings of the Church and ability to share the Mission Statement with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources or related field; and four+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MS preferred.
This is a full-time position, 40+hours per week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Office is located at 6240 Smith Rd., Denver, CO 80216
Degree in Human Resources or related field/PHR/SPHR preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time