Human Resources Administrative Assistant (part-time, flexible hours)
The Human Resources department at Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time HR Administrative Assistant to join their team. This position is 19 hours per week with a flexible schedule and is located in Denver, CO.
Assists with administering day-to-day aspects of a variety of Human Resource functions including benefits, recruiting, and maintaining employee files. Provides administrative support for HR department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with maintaining complete and accurate employee personnel and benefit files (electronic and paper) providing information for demographics and various other reports, and ensuring compliance with recordkeeping requirements, standards.
- Assists with processing benefit changes including verifying eligibility and accuracy of paperwork and entering data correctly into appropriate software systems
- Assists with processing employee personnel change information timely and accurately including entering information into appropriate software, communication to Payroll and others.
- Responds to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Creates and generates reports for analysis.
- Submits job postings to recruitment sources as directed. Participates in the interview and selection process as necessary.
- Provides administrative support to HR department, including but not limited to sending HR email reminders to staff, copying, and word processing
- Provides clerical support such as processing mailings, entering data or word processing for other departments as requested.
- Maintains records and files as assigned.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned
- Demonstrated general human resources experience or education.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and/or database experience to maintain electronic files and to create and generate reports and communications.
- Strong attention to detail, and analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Demonstrated ability to be friendly and professional with a variety of people.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Schedule is flexible, approximately 19 hours per week. Must be able to work Wednesday afternoons.
Hours to be completed Monday through Friday during business hours of 7:30AM-5PM.
This position provides back up support to Front Desk.
Experience or interest in Human Resources is preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time