Catholic Charities is looking for a Housekeeper for a HUD residential property in Denver, CO.
The Housekeeper is part of the Housing Management Services division of Archdiocesan Housing, Inc. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all vacant units and common areas in order to maintain the building in a safe and sanitary condition for the residents and keeping the building within government codes for sanitary standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for keeping all common areas of the building, vacant apartments and office areas in a clean, safe and sanitary condition by meetings scheduled set in conjunction with supervisor.
- May clean or assist with the exterior parts of the building.
- Ensure that the inventory of housekeeping supplies is adequately stocked and that appropriate purchase orders are submitted to supervisor as needed.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings as necessitated by the Site Manager, including, but not limited to, weekly site staff meetings in order to stay current with building projects.
- Assists with team projects in order to complete building and company projects.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and ability to use common sense.
- Ability to read, understand and follow labels and instructions on chemical bottles in order to use them safely and properly.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Sufficient education and experience to perform the essential functions listed.
- Ability to operate all custodial equipment to include, but not limited to a vacuum, a variety of cleaning chemicals, carpet and upholstery shampooer, floor waxer and buffer.
- Ability to work in a housing complex and be exposed to chemicals and custodial conditions and the outside environment.
- Ability to perform the physical activities required which may include constant movement, walking, pushing appliances, bending and stretching, lifting and operating equipment.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Experience sweeping, mopping, cleaning windows and appliances desired
Regular and predictable attendance is required
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time