House Mother for Transitional Housing - Room & Board Included
Catholic Charities is looking for a House Mother for our Marisol Maternity Transitional Home. Room and board is included for this position.
Provide a safe home and peaceful environment for the residents of the Homes with Marisol Maternity that is inspired by the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to mothers who are pregnant or have newborns. This will be communal living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in building a Christ centered community and culture for the house that is consistent with our mission and Catholic teachings.
- Teach and model appropriate social skills, conflict resolution, and problem solving to mothers.
- Adhere to all house rules and uphold them with the residents. Address any discrepancies with residents.
- Provide oversight of residents.
- Monitor and check assigned chores.
- Organize and complete grocery shopping and meal planning for the house. Support the residents in meal preparation.
- Orient new residents to home and explain house rules.
- Update and notify the residents about resources that are available to them.
- Ensure appropriate parental supervision of children and support healthy parenting skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Provide crisis intervention and milieu management to provide a safe, stable, kind and peaceful environment.
- Participate in providing feedback and assessments for all families to the Catholic Life Coach, Founder and Advisor and the Program Director.
- Provide support to the Catholic Life Coach in regards to the goals that are set with each mother.
- Complete safety checks throughout the house and grounds.
- Communicate with the Director regarding any maintenance concerns or needs.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and timely – documents for a resident file, release(s) of information, daily logs, timesheets, administrative paperwork, and in kind donation spreadsheet.
- Communicates with Director regarding days off and changes to the schedule set by the Employment Agreement.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead community morning and evening prayer along with other designated prayer time.
- Attend team meetings, trainings, development and community prayer and reflection time amongst the staff as scheduled.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participate in completing inventories and monthly reports as requested.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the home.
- Enter data accurately and timely into the Efforts to Outcomes Database system.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Conduct tours and speaking engagements as needed.
- Ability to effectively work with women in crisis situations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills to enter data, create communications and generate reports
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years or more of direct or indirect experience in working with women/ mother who are experiencing homelessness.
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week.
This position is benefit eligible including medical, dental, vision, 403b, & more.
Hours include evening and overnight hours. This position is allowed to sleep overnights.
Room and board is included.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time