Head Start Home Based Visitor
Catholic Charities is looking for a Head Start Home Based Visitor to join our Early Childhood Education team in Denver, CO.
Enrolls families into the program. Plans, schedules and implements home visits and socialization with families to assist them with the development of their children under the premise that parents are the first and most influential educators of their children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and develops with parents an individualized program for their family, through establishing a caring professional relationship and a climate of mutual trust and respect through weekly home visits.
- Works with families to strengthen their knowledge of child development; helps parents understand how children learn and grow; plans and conducts appropriate activities together with parents that meet their child’s intellectual, physical, emotional and social needs.
- Works with parents to strengthen the family’s knowledge of health and nutrition, by integrating health and nutrition education into the program, coordinating with other staff and parents health screenings for family members and providing information and referrals, if necessary.
- Assists parents in strengthening their knowledge of community resources and supports parents in developing problem solving skills.
- Provides developmental screenings and information to parents and families and provides referrals to other agencies when appropriate.
- Plans and implements the appropriate number of socializations according to Head Start Performance Standards.
- Maintains accurate and timely program data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Works with parents to develop weekly home visit activity plans based on each child’s developmental assessment and the Family Partnership Agreement.
- Manages and informs parents of scheduled field trips, extracurricular activities and other scheduled activities.
- Prepares and submits internal and external reports and documentation in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, guidelines and operating standards.
- Provides crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse reporting.
- Provides guidance to parents or others volunteering in group activities.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying the practices and principles of child development and early childhood education; child health, safety, and nutrition; adult learning; and family dynamics.
- Skilled in communicating with and motivating people, including people whose first language is not English.
- Must be knowledgeable of all Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines within established timeframes.
- Ability to use computer programs such as Excel and Word, as well as use of internet applications to enter data, generate reports, research resources, and create communications.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Ability to calm others under stressful or confrontational conditions.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA), equivalent, or higher; and 6 months to one year related experience and/or training.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time