Catholic Charities is looking for a Grant Writer to join the Accounting/Grants team in Denver, CO.
Researches grant opportunities and writes grant proposals to secure funding from foundations, corporations and government sources to support Catholic Charities. Works with leadership to align funding opportunities with our mission statement and monitors compliance with contract requirements. Responsible for developing and maintaining grant relationships with private foundations, corporations and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the full range of activities required to prepare and submit grant applications/proposals to private and public funders
- Research pertinent databases and other online sources to evaluate and discern potential new sources of grant funding
- Work with program managers and accounting to gather the information necessary to report on grants from private and public funders
- Coordinate the internal review of grant agreements/contracts to ensure that Catholic Charities can meet/comply with agreement/contract expectations, insurance requirements and terminology
- Meet periodically with program managers either in person, through e-mail or by phone to keep up to date on program changes and discuss each program’s funding needs
- Meet periodically with representatives from private funders to present Catholic Charities’ programs that meet their funding priorities
- Attend in-person or online informational meetings (webinars) put on by grant funders pertaining to specific grant opportunities
- Maintain a filing system of grant agreement/contracts and related documentation
- Maintain the grants database and adhere to the grants schedule to ensure that all application/proposal deadlines are met
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact daily with many different audiences
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines; experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity and knowledge of grant sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with funding prospect research techniques
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Able to work well in a team environment and handle multiple assignments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and minimum of three years of experience in grant writing, fundraising and research; non-profit experience preferred.
This position is full time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Submission of Grant writing samples along with resume required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time