Front Desk Receptionist (part-time)
Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time Front Desk Receptionist for Sacred Heart Counseling in Englewood, CO.
Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting and assisting them on the phone or in person. Schedules appointments and accepts payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly and professionally answers all incoming calls and makes appropriate connections. Takes and relays message as necessary.
- Politely greets and assists all clients and visitors by providing routine information or directing them to appropriate staff/program.
- Creates and provides a welcoming environment for visitors/clients both on the phone and in person.
- Answers and provides basic screening of all intake calls requesting services
- Schedules appointments based upon established criteria
- Maintains a safe and clean reception area
- Accepts payment from clients, records and processes payments accurately and promptly
- Announces visitors to appropriate personnel
- Monitors visitor access
- Monitors delivery and pick-up of packages to ensure recipient is notified and receives deliveries.
- Researches and maintains current list of other community resources for referrals.
- Provides basic administrative support such as processing mailings, entering data or word processing as requested.
- Maintains records and files as assigned
- Answers basic questions about agency and our services, directions, and other information
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in creating collateral for program marketing
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff training and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to be friendly and professional with a variety of people in crisis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both on the phone and in person.
- Must be able to handle telephone with up to 6 incoming lines.
- Basic computer experience including email, internet and Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time position, approximately 25-29 hours per week.
Knowledge of medical record procedures preferred.
Clinical experience helpful.
Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
Medical billing experience a plus.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Pay: $13 to $14/hour
Job Status: Part Time, On Call