Front Desk Attendant- Overnight
Archdiocesan Housing Inc., a division of Catholic Charities is looking for a Front Desk Attendant for a HUD residential housing complex in Denver, CO.
Responsible for maintaining the personal safety of the residents, staff, and the property by enforcing policy and procedure to all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES .
- Ensures residents adhere to safety and security policies.
- Communicates incidents, issues and other relevant information accurately and timely to appropriate staff through recording entries into computer system, log book and/or personally through meetings as appropriate.
- Reviews logbook and other communication systems daily to keep informed of issues.
- Conducts internal and external rounds throughout the facility to monitor and ensure safety.
- Assist with discharging residents as needed.
- Monitors facility and resident population for improper conduct or unauthorized persons inside facility
- Familiar with management and staff schedules for referral sources and visitation purposes.
- Escorts residents off of the premises when requested.
- Provide customer service to all visitors and residents and assist them to authorized areas.
- Support, educate and train residents working the front door.
- Responds to emergencies as appropriate.
- Reports any decisions or problems that occur to the Supervisor on duty.
- Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with residents and outside referral sources
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in providing additional coverage at the front desk when needed.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and interact positively with others
- Ability to remain calm and respond appropriately in crisis situations
- Ability to complete basic data entry into computer systems
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible between 5pm and 8am.
Ability to obtain a Security Guard License is required.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time, On Call