Family Service Worker (Bilingual)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Bilingual Family Service Worker to join the team at one of our child care centers in Denver, CO.
Monitor compliance and fulfill the requirements of Head Start Performance Standards for family and community partnership services to move families toward/reinforce self-sufficiency, using socially and developmentally appropriate approaches. Provides assistance in daily operations of Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coaches parents in parenting skills and assists them in moving toward/reinforcing self-sufficiency by developing rapport, providing assistance and support and helping them identify personal and family goals on the family partnership agreement.
- Enrolls, places, transitions and withdraws children in accordance with policies to achieve enrollment goals
- Monitors and analyzes children’s attendance
- Collaborates with educational staff to plan, coordinate, and provide family services for families enrolled in the child care program to monitor compliance and achievement of family partnership agreements.
- Provides referrals and free translation services to enrolled families
- Assists with paperwork for Colorado Child Care Assistance Program, Colorado Preschool Program and Denver Preschool Program regarding enrollment, attendance, and reporting.
- Facilitates all child transitions in-house as well as with families and community agencies.
- Maintains accurate and timely standardized documentation of all communications/interactions and family and community partnership services in the child’s file and in database
- Compiles accurate and timely program statistics and prepares related reports in a timely manner.
- Records attendance in database accurately and timely.
- Participates with appropriate staff in identification, staffing, and service delivery for children with special needs and their families.
- Acts as an advocate for families during the IEP and IFSP process.
- Develops referral sources for and provides appropriate crisis intervention including situations such as child abuse, domestic violence, and emergency food and housing needs.
- Coordinates with center staff/management on parent committee meetings and parenting skills classes in conjunction with Family Service Administrator and experts in the community to meet parents’ needs and interests. Is responsible for assuring completion of paperwork associated with these activities.
- Assists educational and administrative teams in the implementation of Head Start Performance Standards and Child Care Licensing Regulations and in the day to day operations of the Center.
- Oversees the tracking of in-kind services.
- In collaboration with the educational staff, produces a monthly calendar and newsletter with the required information in the language(s) spoken by the classroom community.
- Maintains parent boards with the required up-to-date information.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Substitutes in classrooms when necessary and appropriate.
- May act as a program representative with various community committees and agencies.
- Recruits, welcomes, includes and supports volunteers in the classroom.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff training and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must comply with all Colorado State Licensing requirements
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills with children, parents and co-workers
- Intermediate knowledge of computer word processing and databases systems to accurately input information, maintain client and program data, generate reports, and create communications.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university is preferred; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30AM-5:30PM.
BA in Human Services or related field is highly preferred.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Early Childhood Education and Case Management experience highly preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time